Games, Contest & Tournament
ANZA Manila will be holding a live viewing of the Melbourne Cup, Australia’s most celebrated horse-racing event on November 3, 10:30am to 4pm at the Glasshouse New World Hotel Makati. Dress up, grab your fascinator, or don your best tie for a day of brunch, lunch, bubbles, a flutter on the horses, fashions in the field, and a lot of fun. Watch the race live while enjoying some awesome company, great drinks and a sumptuous buffet. Tickets are 3,000 pesos for ANZA members, 3,500 pesos for non-members. Tickets are strictly limited. For ticket info and more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Despite the unpleasant weather before the event date, the 13th German Ambassador’s Cup was again successfully held under a sunny sky on 21 October 2015 at the Mount Malarayat Golf & Country Club in Batangas. 89 guests from the German-Philippine business community, various diplomatic corps and Philippine government institutions got together for the exclusive annual golf tournament – organized by the German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GPCCI) together with the German Embassy Manila. This year’s golf tournament was made more distinct with the joint celebration of the 25 years of German Unity and GPCCI’s official entry into the AHK network (Association of German Chambers Abroad) as AHK Philippinen. Taking […]
Casual and professional riders alike are invited to join the Dirt Weekend on November 6 to 8 at NUVALI where more than 1, 000 riders are expected to navigate the rocky and adventurous trails of NUVALI. Registration details can be seen below. Fun riders are recommended to sign up to the Cross Country 35K to get a feel of what it’s like on the road together with the elite riders. Do you want to roll and join in the fun? Click here to register online. For a detailed list of information please proceed here. Good luck, keep safe on the road, and enjoy the ride!
Get on board (surfboard, that is!) and join the wave of fun. Head on to Baler on October 16-18 at the Aliya Surf Camp as Jack TV and Solar Sports bring you Surf Supreme – a gathering of surfers, surfing fans, beach lovers, adventurers, thrill seekers, and partyphiles. The event is set to be bigger and better than last year’s successful staging and promises to be an exciting 3-day weekend happening. With breathtaking Baler Aurora as the setting and with awesome activities, competitions, huge prizes, free lessons and a DJ music-filled beach party lined up, Surf Supreme is gonna be one fun and action-packed event that surfing enthusiasts and […]
BMXplore Manila treats us to some fancy, gravity-and-physics-challenging manoeuvres using BMX bikes through the BMX Flatland, an event that incorporates hip-hop dance, gymnastics, and various rhythmic and dynamic bike tricks with nothing less than two of the world’s finest flatlanders Jorge “Viki” Gomez of Spain and Matthias Dandois of France. As part of their #BMXplore tour, the two world-famous champions will be showing off their ramp-less skills all across Metro Manila from September 30th until October 5th flyin’, flowin’ and flippin’ street-flat style. They are also slated to welcome biking enthusiasts at the PhilBike Expo 2015 and a series of activations on the said period. The […]
Hump Day got you bad? Let go of all your Wednesday stress at the most chic weekday social! The Italian Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines, together with The Italian Embassy, The Dante Alighieri Institute and Travelife Magazine, invites you to L’Apertivo Italiano on August 26, 2015 from 6 to 10PM at the Makati Diamond Residences! – – From the word aperire, which means to open, L’Apertivo Italiano aims to introduce to the curious and the interested the Italian tradition of having drinks pre-dinnner time. These are usually taken to “open” one’s appetite. This is very different from the “happy hour” tradition that we are used to as it promises […]
– ManikaManila once again brings Manika Manila Tiangge, a ball-jointed doll bazaar and exhibit where doll hobbyists, doll-loving craftspeople, and the curious are gathered for one magical day of dolls at Alphaland Southgate Tower, Makati on August 29, 2015. Find all kinds of dolls and doll-related goods and services on sale — from clothes to furniture and on-the-spot aesthetic service. Check out eye-catching doll booths and keep your eyes sharp because there will be a Booth Display Contest where visitors can vote for their favorite booth display, but keep in mind the voting is only until 5:00 PM. There will also be a Photography Contest where doll-hobbyists can participate and showcase […]
– Gone are the days of hanging out in the backyard, lying on the grass while basking under the sun or just simply playing around outside the streets with your good ol’ neighbors who, like you, have grown and aged as time went by, and slowly, have adapted to the urban jungle the Metro has become. Well, some guys decided to bring back these precious moments to life once again! CAPTIVATE MANILA captivates our aged souls by organizing Manila’s 1st Picnic Pop-up happening at Burgos Park at Bonifacio Global City on August 15 from 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM. The event lets you experience fun the way it was when […]
Photo credit: Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival Facebook – A total of 16 international and local choirs will be gathered for the 2nd Andrea O. Veneracion International Chorale Festival at the Cultural Center of the Philippines on July 22- 26, 2015. The Andrea O. Veneracion International Chorale Festival competition showcases choirs for the following categories: Folk Song, Vocal Ensemble, and Chamber Choir. Each category will be judged by an international jury of conductors namely Andre van der Merwe, conductor for Stellenbosch University Choir in Cape Town, South Africa; Brad Allred, conductor Salt Lake Choral Artists in Utah, USA; Silvana Vallesi, conductor to Coro Universidad de Mendoza in Argentina with […]
– Nicklelodeon is inviting you to join in the fun at the upcoming Nickelodeon Bikini Bottom Buddy Roundup! on July 18, Saturday 2015 at SM Megamall, Mandaluyong that will give you a preview of the exciting things that will happen in Bikini Bottom. You mommies and daddies are invited, and don’t forget to bring your kids who’ll surely have an awesome time with the fun-filled activities that awaits them! The maze of activities will forge friendship and instill the value of teamwork amongst the kids. Tighten your belts as you get transported under the sea, with the Bikini Bottom photo wall where you can snap a photo with your kids […]
– Do have enough confidence and skill to win an all-expense paid trip to Japan? Try your luck at the 2015 J-Pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest! Organized by the Embassy of Japan, The Japan Foundation, Manila and the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) for the Philippines-Japan Friendship Month in July, Filipino amateur singers and dancers of all ages has the chance to win amazing prices including a trip to Japan for free! Mechanics: • Interested participants have the option to choose which category to join: the singing category or the dance category. • A solo or a group composed of a maximum of five members can participate inthe singing […]
– Enjoy music, art, food and wine all in one night! Be one in celebration of the Filipino artistry as The Young Filipino Painters Competition holds its culmination night and awarding ceremony on May 28, 2015 at the Galerie Astra, Makati City. From 6:30pm-9pm, sit back and relax to the calming tunes of the concert at Galeria Astra with performances from Jose Marie Chan, Arthur Manuntag, George Yang, Rachelle Gerodias, Baritono Park Byeong, Jade Riccio, and Christian Nagano. Italian Ambassador Massimo Roscigno and Mrs. Evelyn Mina will formally award the winners of The Young Filipino Painters Competition after. After the concert, wine, dine, and enjoy the rest of the night […]
. Get ready for the most happening hip-hop and art event in the metro! MTV, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), will be holding the MTV Music Evolution 2015 on Sunday, May 17, 2015 at the Quirino Grandstand, Rizal Park in Manila! Witness the evolution of the hip-hop genre and discover how the styles and sounds have changed over the years. MTV Music Evolution marks its inauguration 2015 edition with a feature on hip hop, showcasing iconic and contemporary hip hop acts from both international and local music scenes such as Naughty by Nature, YG, DJ Mustard, Apl.de.ap, Gloc-9 and Abra on a single stage, while featuring the […]
Calling all tango enamorados! The Manila Tango Festival and Championship returns for the 7th straight year this April 27 to May 3, 2015! The Manila Tango Festival and Championship is a celebration of the dance style tango, which originated along the Rio de Plata in South America in the 1890s. Competitions, workshops, and performances from world-renowned tango dancers are set to be staged during the festival. Celebrate tango all week long with: • The Fringe Mini Marathon Festival (Tango in Manila By Night), a three-night Milonga at the best tango venues in town happening from April 27 to 29, • A Welcome Night Milonga to give a warm Filipiniana welcome […]
This weekend is bound to be hot, hot, hot! The question is #wherewillyoube? Feel the Xcitement and the Xhilaration this summer Project X: Electric Summer Music + Art Festival & Beachside Party this weekend (April 11 and 12) in One Laiya Beach, Batangas! Xperience a party hotter than the April sun as we …light up the skies in a ceremonial Sky Lantern launching in Sky Ignition! …feed the crowd with select quality purveyors in the Food Carnivale! …play the coolest games ever: Volley Beer (supersized beer pong) and the Slip n’ Slide X (slip and slide competition)! …dance around The Burning X (a gigantic X-shaped bonfire), […]
32 teams. 14 countries. 79 matches. – – Attention all rugby enthusiasts! Catch the world’s number one social rugby on March 21 and 22 – the Manila 10s! Now on its 26th year, the Manila 10s is an annual event where rugby clubs from all over Asia, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand come and play off with the best teams in the Philippines. With 500 players and over 3000 spectators during the course of the weekend, along with special guest appearances from former England International David Trick, Australia Captain Nathan Sharpe and legendary British Lion John Bentley, this weekend promises to be a cracker. So if you fancy watching […]
The British Embassy is bringing the Best of Britain back to Manila for another Great weekend with the bigger and better Great British Festival 27 February to 1 March 2015 at the Bonifacio High Street in Bonifacio Global City! There will be new ways for those attending to get involved and win great prizes. A different show every night will thrill audiences at the ampitheatre – acoustic performances, a fashion show, an orchestra, a cooking demonstration and many more! Each night of the festival also gives audience members a chance to win prizes ranging from One Direction tickets to roundtrip tickets to the UK. The festival kicks off […]
Come one, come all! The much-awaited annual Mabuhay Germany™ returns once again to showcase new and exciting German products, services and lifestyle experiences! Start the festivities on Saturday with a champagne toast and a marching band depicting a German Karneval! The fun doesn’t stop there as electronica/synthpop artist DYKO performs in “Wir sind Helden” and The Authority Band performs in a “Groovy Doovy German Night.” Bring the whole family on Sunday for a fun run for schools, Frühschoppen, a German tradition of sharing an alcoholic drink before midday, and other fun and exciting games including the German Chamber Bingo, Connect-o-lympics, and the 5th GPCCI Table Soccer Cup. So gather your friends and be there on February 21 and […]
– Party Brasil-style here in Filipinas! Now on its 9th year, BRASILIPINAS Carnavale 2015 resumes at the Rockwell Tent on February 27, 8PM onwards. Have a caipirinhia or two, munch on some coxinha and party all night long with: Imperatriz Filipinense Eileen Sison and the Escola de Samba de Manila with Maracujá Drummers Brigada DJ Romeo Cavalcante and your host Luanne Pasinatto Advanced tickets are available from PhP250 at all Flip-Flop stores and Common Thread Rockwell. You may also buy tickets at the door for P350. Want to score free tickets and some BRASILIPINAS loot? Join their photo contest! From now until Feb. 26, 2015, photo-savvy winners can score a […]
Pasinaya, CCP’s annual open house festival and the biggest multi arts festival in the Philippines, returns this year with something new: the ASEAN touch! This year’s theme, Pasinaya Grows ASEAN Wings, celebrates unity in diversity through the different performing arts. Witness the performances of thousands of artists and cultural groups not only from the Philippines but from various ASEAN countries as well as delegates from the ASEAN Performing Arts Market feature works by both emerging and seasoned ASEAN artists. The ASEAN Performing Arts Market, opening tomorrow, February 13, will also showcase performance samplers and business matching of such performances within the ASEAN region and with the world. Dance, music, theater, […]
The brightest show on earth is about to happen! Catch the 6th Philippine International Pyromusical Competition starting this February 7 until March 14 at SM Mall of Asia. Be amazed as countries Japan, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, The Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, and China compete with each other and delight the audience with never-before-seen fireworks display. For more details, you can visit their website at http://www.pyrophilippines.com. Photo grabbed from GMA Network website.
The Japan Information and Culture of the Embassy of Japan is hosting the 2014 J-Pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest Grand Finals to be held on Saturday, July 19 from 1 to 5 pm at the SM Cinema Centerstage, SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City. Here is the list of the finalists. Dance category: ☺Junior New System ☺Seishun Kakumei ☺Team KMB Reverse ☺Team Mars ☺UP Visayas Hublag Dance Company Singing Category: ☺Ana Marie Alforte ☺Drive Pedal ☺Hi-Ka-Ri* ☺Jennie Mae Baclao ☺Mitch Arceo ☺Seiza ☺Shaira Maine Gonzales ☺Tigerlily ☺Verna Paula Santiago ☺Vinar Takumi Also performing on the event are Doraemon and Friends and the Embassy of Japan’s […]