London’s Best now in the Philippines: Costa Coffee
The British have arrived! Or, to be more specific, London’s Number One coffee chain: Costa Coffee.
COSTA SIGNATURE. Ladies and gents, meet the coffee blend that’s trumped Starbucks in London… and soon, the world: the Mocha Italia. Shown here is their signature drink, the Flat White (P150).
Costa Coffee was brought into existence on a gray London day in 1971 by Italian brothers Sergio and Bruno Costa. They’ve been the UK’s number one coffee chain for the past three years, beating out Starbucks, Caffè Nero, and Prêt à Manger.
Critics in the country have said that their coffee is better (and more affordable) than Starbucks, though there are a few who beg to disagree. One thing is for sure: it’s much more relaxing than the popular American coffee chain, thanks to its beautiful London-inspired interiors.
THE ONE. Costa says their best seller is the Flat White, but some coffee lovers say their Frostinos (Ice Blended Coffee) may become their claim to fame. Frostinos are available in four variants (all prices are for Primo): Coffee Cream (P140), Mocha Cream, Caramel Latte Cream, Double Chocolate Cookie Mocha (P150).
Costa has seven branches as of October 18:
• Eastwood Citywalk 1, Libis, Quezon City
· Operating hours: 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, Monday – Thursday and Sunday; 8:00 am to 12:00 mn, Friday and Saturday
· Contact numbers: 02-374-7047, 02-351-6618
• G/F, Pedro Gil Wing, Robinsons Place Manila, Ermita Manila
· Operating hours: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, Monday – Thursday and Sunday; 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday
· Contact numbers: 02-567-0204, 02-354-9606
• Unit 103, G/F, One World Place, 32nd, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
· Operating hours: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm daily
· Contact number: 02-801-8470
• G/F, The Block, SM City North EDSA, Quezon City
· Operating hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm daily
• Robinsons Selecitons, G/F, Venice Grand Canal Mall, Cluster B, McKinley Hill Garden Villas, Upper McKinley Rd., Taguig City
· Operating hours: 9:00 am – 11:00 pm daily
• G/F, Tera Tower, Bridgetown Business Center, Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave. (C5), Quezon City
· Operating hours: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday – Friday
· Contact number: 02-366-9488
• Garden Courtyard, Robinsons Place Antipolo, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Rizal
· Operating hours: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm daily
· Contact number: 02-997-7708
For more on Costa Coffee, follow them on social media: Costa Coffee Philippines on Facebook and @costacoffeeph on Twitter and Instagram. Make sure to drop by starting this week, as they’ve got something interesting cooked up: faces of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte and Vice President-elect Leni Robredo on your cappuccino.
All photos grabbed from the Costa Coffee Philippines Facebook page