Recipe Corner: Homemade Garganelli Ai Funghi Porcini by Chef Melgazar Siena
Pasta lovers can take their appetite to the next level by making their own pasta masterpiece at home! With this special pasta recipe personally put together by Chef Melgazar Siena, you’ll be sure you can create an excellent dish in your own kitchen. Here’s how to make your very own Garganelli Ai Funghi Porcini, a healthy dish made with tubular pasta and flavorful porcini mushrooms.
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 500 g Semolina Flour
- 4 pcs Egg
- 40 g Butter
- 10 g Onion
- 20 g Fungi Porcini
- 100 ml Whipping Cream
- 40 g Truffle Cream
- 20 g Parmesan Cheese
- 1 g Salt
- 1 g Pepper
Preparation for the homemade pasta:
- Prepare the pasta dough.
- Roll out the pasta dough into a thin sheet using a pasta maker.
- Cut the sheets into 1 ½ inch strips then cut them into squares.
- Put one square pasta dough on a Garganelli Board with one of the corners towards you.
- Roll the dough on the mini chopstick from the corner to the other and wave the ridged texture.
- Roll the dough around the mini chopstick and roll the dowel back down to the bottom of the diamond.
- After rolling, give a little pressure to it and seal it.
- Remove the Garganelli from the chopstick, put on the baking sheet, and cover with a dry towel.
- Let it dry.
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Heat the saucepan, and then put butter and onion.
- Sauté the onion, add fungi porcini, whipping cream, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Once pasta is cooked, add the sauce and mix it.
- Add truffle cream and seafood.
- Put salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
About the chef:
Chef Melgazar Siena is a culinary school graduate that specializes in Italian cuisine. He has been in the culinary business for 15 years and now works as the Head Chef of Dario Ristorante Italiano. He learned and honed his expertise from the best Italian Executive Chef in the restaurant. He was once featured in a magazine and considered to be one of the best Italian Chefs in the country. At present, he continuously serves as a good mentor to all of his staff.
Also read: Dario Ristorante Italiano in Serendra, BGC
More about Dario Ristorante Italiano:
Address: Serendra Shopping Center, Between 11th Ave. and Mckinley Parkway, Taguig
Operating hours: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. (Mon. to Sun.)
Contact numbers: 02-856-0676 / 02-856-0865
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/darioristoranteitaliano
This recipe also appears in Philippine Primer Magazine November Issue.