February 11, 2016

Expats’ Guide: Annual Report for Foreigners

  • HOME
  • Tips & Guides
  • Expats’ Guide: Annual Report for Foreigners
  • BIR


    Annual Reports are something that every foreigner living in the Philippines has to go through. It’s done within the first 60 days of the calendar year. If you don’t comply, you will risk losing your visa or deportation.

    Anyone who’s done it, foreigner or otherwise, knows it’s a chore to go through the process, especially if it’s your first time. To ease your frustrations, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) has released the guidelines for the Annual Report 2016, which can be seen here. You are exempt from the entire process if you are a dual citizen.

    Applying for the Annual Report consists of four steps:

    • Present your original ACR I-Card or paper-based ACR, passport visa page of latest arrival and official receipts of previous Annual Report payment.

    • Secure the Order of Payment Slip.

    • Pay the required immigration fees.

    • Get the Official Receipt.


    This can be done in person or online via the BI’s Annual Report Online Filing System. A personal appearance is required, but there are exemptions:

    • Those below 14 or above 65 years old (legal guardian can go in your place)

    • Those who are mentally or physically incapacitated, provided a medical certificate with a written request for exemption is sent to the BI one week ahead of when you want to go, subject to the BI Medical Officer’s approval (you can call their Medical Clinic at 465-2400 loc. 106, 128-129 or 527-3303)


    However, if you really cannot appear in person, you can send someone else to do it for you. Just make sure they have the following*:

    • Special Power of Attorney (SPA)

    • Valid government-issued ID of legal representative

    • Presentation of a valid original passport of the applicant

    • P500 Express Lane payment for non-appearance


    Here is a list of facts for the Annual Report:

    Who can apply? All registered aliens and ACR I-Card holders except Temporary Visitor’s Visa holders or Tourist Visa holders.

    Where to apply? BI Main Office (Magallanes Dr, Intramuros, Manila, Metro Manila) or other immigration offices (click here for a complete list); or you can also go online here and avoid the hassle of filling up a form by hand.

    When to apply? The Annual Report 2016 will be held from January 4 to March 3, 2016.

    How much does it cost? The Annual Report (AR) fee itself is P300, with a P10 Legal Research Fee (LRF). Late compliance (i.e. beyond March 3, 2016) will mean a fine of P200 per month.


    • Your original ACR I-Card

    • Official Receipt amounting to P310

    • For those who failed to accomplish the AR forms online in the previous Annual Reports:

    · an online encoding of BI AR Form 2014-08-002A Rev 1 or 2014-08-002B Rev 1 via the AR 2016 online system; and

    · presentation of the printed AR 2016 confirmation number with reportee information details issued by the BI website (click here)

    • For those with CA 613 and RA 562-related issues:

    · An undertaking to fulfill BI obligations


    *Note: this only applies if you do not have any deficiencies under Commonwealth Act (CA) 613 (click here) or Republic Act (RA) 562 (click here).

    You might also like...
    LIST: 6 Practical Ways to Promote an Eco-Friendly Workplace
    July 27, 2022
    LIST: Best Resto Bars and Pubs in Pasay You Should Visit
    June 30, 2022
    Guide: An Introduction to E-commerce in the Philippines
    May 07, 2022
    LIST: 10 More Must-try Fruits in the Philippines
    March 26, 2022
    Phishing Scams and Prevention Tips: Everything You Need to Know
    March 19, 2022