January 25, 2020

Flights From Wuhan to PH Suspended Indefinitely Says CAB

  • HOME
  • Blog
  • Flights From Wuhan to PH Suspended Indefinitely Says CAB
  • In relation to the threat of the 2019 Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV), the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) announced the indefinite suspension of flights between Wuhan, China, and the Philippines to prevent the entry of the virus in the country. Pan Pacific Airlines and Royal Air Charter are the two carriers who currently offer direct flights to and from Wuhan to the Philippines that travel thrice weekly.

    At present, Kalibo is the only area in the Philippines where there are direct flights to and from Wuhan.

    https://www.facebook.com/WHO/photos/a.167668209945237/2865884236790274/?type=3&theater

    Through an advisory, CAB advised air carriers coming directly or connecting from China to get a health declaration checklist from the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ). The checklist must be disseminated to the crew and the passengers of the aircraft and mandatorily filled out prior to their disembarkation.

    CAB issued the advisory to stress the importance of the checklist in preventing the spread of the virus in the Philippines. This also assists the BOQ in intercepting passengers who are possibly infected through medical quarantine.

    Local carriers have also urged their passengers to take precautions against the coronavirus. They advised passengers to postpone air travel in the event that they don’t feel well or if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms.

    https://www.facebook.com/WHO/photos/a.750907108288008/2872450322800332/?type=3&theater

    The 2019 Novel Corona Virus or 2019-nCoV started spreading in Wuhan in December last year. According to a situation report by the World Health Organization (WHO) published on January 23, 2020, the total of confirmed cases of the coronavirus is 581 globally with 571 cases reported in China.

    Cases have been reported in other countries such as Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taipei, the United States of America and the Republic of Korea. The origin of the 2019 Novel Corona Virus is still unknown. However, as per WHO, the growing outbreak is no longer due to exposure at the Huanan Seafood Market. There is now more evidence that the virus spreads from human-to-human and also across generations of cases.


    Sources: pna.gov.ph, cab.gov.ph, World Health Organization

               
               
    You might also like...
    LIST: 6 Hidden Gem Pizza Places in Metro Manila You Need to Try
    May 19, 2026
    CITEM Unveils KATHA Award Winners and Culinary Collaborations for IFEX Philippines 2026 at Likhang Filipino
    May 19, 2026
    +81 Bar Wins Bronze at Italy’s A’ Design Award & Competition
    May 15, 2026
    Open Sesame: Grand Hyatt Manila Reveals “The Magic Table”
    May 07, 2026
    JICA and DOH Sign Agreement to Strengthen Nationwide Rabies Response
    May 04, 2026