MOVIE NIGHT: IAFT Allows Cinemas, Theme Parks To Open Under Alert Level 3 from Oct 16-31
The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF) has allowed cinemas and movie houses to operate under Alert Level 3 from Oct 16-31.
This week, the IATF announced the alert level status in Metro Manila to be downgraded to Alert Level 3 starting tomorrow.
Alert Level 3 refers to areas wherein case counts are high and/or increasing, with total bed utilization rate and intensive care unit utilization rate at increasing utilization.
IMAGE from Unsplash
According to the IATF guidelines, the following establishments, or activities, shall be allowed to operate or be undertaken at a maximum of 30% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals only and 50% outdoor venue capacity.
Given that all workers/employees of these establishments are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and MPHS shall be strictly maintained and no objection from the LGU where these activities may take place.
- Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE)
- Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers.
- Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like.
- Amusement parks or theme parks
- Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues.
- Cinemas and movie houses
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training.
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased.
- Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations administered by their respective government agency, and specialty examinations authorized by the IATF subject to the health and safety guidelines as approved by the IATF.
- Dine-in services in food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols.
- Personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, and other similar procedures including home service options, subject to the sector-specific protocols of the DTI.
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for non-contact exercise and sports, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols. Provided that patrons/clients and workers/employees wear face masks at all times and that no group activities are conducted.
- Film, music, and television production, subject to the joint guidelines as may be issued by the DTI, DOLE, and the DOH.
Agencies and instrumentalities of the government shall remain to be fully operational and shall adhere to at least 30% on-site capacity while applying work-from-home and other flexible work arrangements.
The decision was made amid the 84, 850 active cases of COVID-19 as of yesterday’s tally.
Source: Official Gazette