January 25, 2021

Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa Shut Down ‘Temporarily’ Due to COVID-19

  • HOME
  • Blog
  • Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa Shut Down ‘Temporarily’ Due to COVID-19
  • Almost a week after the announcement of the imminent shutdown of Makati Shangri-La for the time being, hotel chain operator Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is temporarily suspending the operations of another one of its resorts — the Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa due to COVID-19.

    As a safety precaution, the luxury hotel decided to stop receiving guests from January 22 to 28 to disinfect the premises of the establishment, aiming to prevent the further spread of the virus.

    “All affected guests will be contacted personally, and we will assist them with alternative arrangements. During this time, we will conduct further deep cleaning and disinfection of the resort,” it said in a statement report from the Philippine News Agency (PNA).    

    According to the report, the concerned staff was “asymptomatic and did not exhibit any outward symptoms”. However, the “staff went back to work” instead of undergoing quarantine while waiting for their test results. 

    Aklan’s local government unit issued a closure order after.

    “Comprehensive contact tracing has been conducted and as a precautionary measure, close contacts of the affected colleagues have also been asked to self-isolate until further notice,” they added.   

    Beach Villa of Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa /IMAGE from their official website 

     Meanwhile, Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said the Department of Tourism (DOT) will help relocate other guests to other establishments in order to prevent further contact and spread of the virus. 

     Also read: Makati Shangri-La to shut down ‘temporarily’ next month

    “The DOT encourages the prompt treatment of affected workers and backs the temporary closure of establishments concerned for general disinfection procedures as part of the health and safety protocols,” she said.

    Romulo urged all businesses in Boracay to strictly follow the health protocols and be responsible for handling the COVID-19 situation on the island. 

    “Warnings, suspension or closure await those who violate established rules and regulations,” she stressed.  


    Source: Philippine News Agency

    Written by Cedie Salido 

    Google Map:
               
               
    Recent Comments
    What do you think about this article?
    ★★ ★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★

    *

    You might also like...
    CITEM to Launch 1st IFEX Digital Expo on Sept 23-25
    September 22, 2021
    Intl Travel Mag Hails The Peninsula, Palawan Among World’s Best Hotels, Islands
    September 20, 2021
    Celebrate Classic Filipino Songs with CCP-OP’s “Kung Hindi Man, a Collection of Musical Treasures”
    September 19, 2021
    iPhone 13: Here’s Everything We Know So Far
    September 17, 2021
    PAYDAY SALE: Here’s a List of Sale Madness This September
    September 16, 2021