The World of Wine Fair Reacquaints You to Wines from Around the Globe
Indeed, the Happy Hour of clinking wine glasses and good conversations has extended as Marketplace by Rustan’s brings all the winemakers, enthusiasts, and connoisseurs together to explore the wine culture around the globe with the World of Wine Fair at the Shangri-La Plaza Grand Atrium in Mandaluyong.
The World of Wine Fair will be running from September 28 to 30 at the Shangri-La Plaza Grand Atrium, Mandaluyong.
Like an educational field trip through the secrets and history of wine and how it is made, the World of Wine Fair is a three-day event, running from September 28 to 30, which will bring you closer to Italy, France, Australia, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Chile, and United States as winemakers from these 8 countries flew from their vineyards, all the way to the Philippines to give a taste of their coveted wine selections to wine shoppers.
As a bonus, Philippine Primer got to talk with Ms. Ana Punongbayan, AVP for Marketing of Rustan Supercenters, Inc. during the World of Wine Fair VIP Night on September 27, and got some tips from her regarding the fair. The lover of wine, herself, advised wine enthusiasts and wine novices alike to walk around, to sample, and to ask these winemakers about the wines they have on hand.
Ms. Gabby Pangilinan of Buensalido Public Relations (left) and Ms. Ana Punongbayan, AVP for Marketing of Rustan Supercenters, Inc. (right) smiles at the camera before the World of Wine Fair VIP Night held in September 27, 2018.
Guests may also walk directly to the Wine Wall, complete with information about the featured wine bottles, as well as tasting notes, a brief historical background, and where you can spot the wine in the venue.
The Wine Wall sports 30 wine bottles for your perusal.
Straight from the Vineyard Sessions
Through the course of the three-day fair, your wish to get acquainted with these collections of wines will turn into a reality as the Straight from the Vineyard Sessions will run from September 28 to 30 with this schedule:
- Understanding the Bordeaux Wine Region with Laurent Barrier at 2 p.m.
- Introduction to German and Alsace Wine with Johan Oberauch at 4 p.m.
- Napa Valley and its Iconic Brands with Sam Stephens at 6 p.m.
- Patagonia – Climate, terroir, and winemaking with Hugo Stabio at 2 p.m.
- Rioja: Glorious History and Heritage of Spain’s Leading Region with Pedro Tapero at 4 p.m.
- First Growths and Bordeaux Complex Fine Wine Classification with Florent Genty at 6 p.m.
- The Rise of Italian Varietals in Australia with Anthony Murphy at 2 p.m.
- What Makes Wine Organic? Organic Winemaking Explained with Mark Davidson at 4 p.m.
- Italy’s Flagship Varietals with Andrea Balsamo at 6 p.m.
How to Register
If you are a Fresh, Marketplace, or a Sapphire cardholder, you get to have a wine session with the connoisseurs plus a bottle of wine for a fair price of just Php 299 per session! However, for those without cards, you may enroll for only Php 500 per session and carry home wine as well.
Promos for Wine Drinkers
Alongside the wine fair, the following promos are also there for everyone to enjoy:
- Get 10% discount on all wine bottles you avail at the World of Wine Fair
- Get 15% discount for a purchase of 6 or more bottles of wine
- Get FREE delivery for Php 5,000 worth of wines
- 3 Apple Ipads and 2 Swarovski Gift Certificates worth Php 20,000 each are to be given away if you win the World of Wine Raffle Promo which could be earned by spending Php 1,000 on wines
- For a Php 1,000 worth of wine, get a chance to win either a trip for 2 to France or an overnight stay for 2 at Napa Valley!
Alongside these surprises, sport more wines for bigger discounts, and more affordable bottles during the Happy Wine Festival at all Marketplace by Rustan’s branches from September 28 to October 7, 2018.
The Happy Wine Festival is a 10-day event for the wine shoppers, ideal for early Christmas shopping.
Immerse yourself in a deeper wine culture at the three-day World of Wine Fair and at the Happy Wine Festival and experience a once in a lifetime wine education you should not miss.
For more information, you may visit www.rustansfresh.com.