Apple releases iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X
Apple finally releases their latest model of phones, the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. The first-ever event happened at The Steve Jobs Theater on September 12, 2017. Aside from the smart phone, they’ve also released new watches.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are upgrades to Apple’s current iPhone 7 and 7 Plus range. They’ve updated and upgraded the current main features of the previous phone.
Photo grabbed from expertsreview.co.uk
Here are the features of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
- Silver, space gray, and a new gold finish
- Apple claims it’s the most durable glass ever in a smartphone
- water and dust resistant
- 4.7″ display for the iPhone 8 and 5.5″ display for the 8 Plus
- Stereo speakers are 25% louder than the speakers in the 7
- A11 bionic chip
- 12MP camera
- 4K 60fps video
- Cameras calibrated for augmented reality
- New Portrait Lighting feature: machine learning creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face (8 Plus)
- Wireless charging
- Pre order on September 15, available on September 22
- iOS 11 available on September 19
- 64GB and 256GB
- iPhone 8: £649 for 64GB, £849 for 256GB
- iPhone 8 Plus: £749 for 64GB, £949 for 256GB
The new iPhones have a new operating system: iOS 11. iOS 11 includes hundreds of new features like a redesigned control center, better multitasking, improvements to the camera, peer-to-peer Apple Pay, and new safety features.
iPhone X, Photo grabbed from www.variety.com
Here are the features for iPhone X:
- Super Retina HD display
- 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- True Tone display
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- New glass design that enables wireless charging
- Bigger display, but smaller than Plus phones
- Easier to hold than an iPhone Plus phone, too
- Remains water-resistant and comes in only two colors
- More expensive than any other iPhone
- 64GB iPhone X: $999, £999, and AU$1,579
- 256GB iPhone X: $1,149, £1,149, AU$1,829
- US carriers are charging $42 a month
The iPhone X won’t be released at the same time as the new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. The 8 and 8 Plus will start shipping on September 22. For the iPhone X, pre-orders will begin on October 27, with shipping to begin on November 3.