Maynilad: water interruption on Holy Week 2014
Maynilad Water Services, Inc. (Maynilad) announced that the Department of Works and Highways will work on a flood control project that will affect the water services of Maynilad customers in some parts of Caloocan, Cavite, Las Piñas, Malabon, Makati, Manila, Muntinlupa, Navitas, Parañaque, and Pasay from Holy Wednesday (April 16) to Black Saturday (April 19).
Below are the affected areas and water supply interruption schedules:
Maynilad encourages their affected customers to store enough water in the course of the scheduled interruption. Here are some tips on how to store water safely provided by Maynilad:
- As much as possible, store water in containers that have covers. Water stored in open containers should be used within one or two days. Boil the water if intended for drinking or cooking.
- Store water in multiple containers, large and small. Drinking water should be stored in clean and disinfected containers that can be firmly closed.
- Light and warmth promote algae and bacteria growth, so store containers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Water stored in plastic containers should be kept away from gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances because vapors from these products can penetrate plastic.
- Never store water in containers that were previously used to store toxic substances.
- Freeze water for additional supply during the water service interruption. Once melted, the ice can be used for cooking or drinking.
- To avoid water contamination, clean cisterns, drums and overhead tanks before filling them with water.
- Empty household bleach bottles can be used to store water for cleaning.
- Use clean food-grade containers to store water for cooking and drinking.
- Disinfected plastic soda bottles, glass canning jars and juice bottles can be used to store water for drinking and cooking.
For more information, you may call the Maynilad hotline 1626 or visit their website.