Pinoy Otaku Festival 2017: Danketsu
Join another Japanese-themed festival called “Pinoy Otaku Festival 2017: Danketsu” and celebrate Otaku culture in the Philippines on May 20-21, 2017 at Fairview Terraces in Quezon City.
Image grabbed from pinoy.otakufest
In this festival, attendees can look forward to enjoy cosplay, manga, music, games, and more activities. The Japanese term “Danketsu” means unite so the event aims to bring together everyone who loves the Japanese culture.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS and SCHEDULE (Tentative):
DAY 1 (May 20, 2017)
1. CosCraft – launching of the newest cosplay competition in the Philippines where costume makers and crafters are cosplay judges and begin their search for their next cosplayer partner and protégé. (Register: http://bit.ly/pof2017-coscraft)
2. Ultimate Karaoke Battle – sing your favorite Japanese, anime or JRock/JPop song with the judging format of The Voice. (Register:http://bit.ly/pof2017-karaoke)
3. Workshops and Panel Discussion – workshops on cosplaying, propsmaking, photography and more. It aims to empower the attendees with skills on how to improve their craft.
- Panel Discussion: Eastern Western and Local Fandom: The Similiarities and Differences
- Workshop: Basic Cosplay Photography and Editing
DAY 2 (May 21, 2017)
1.Fantasm Cosplay Challenge Grand Finals – all of the 20+ winners of Fantasm Cosplay Challenge will face it off for the final battle to determine who is the most realistic, most engaging, most difficult costume, and most realistic cosplay of all.
2. POF Bandslam 2017 – search for the next JPop/JRock cover group. (Register: http://bit.ly/pof2017-bandslam)
3. Anime Game Challenge – get your group and organization to participate in our group challenges.
- Anime Quiz
- Anime Feud
4.Workshops and Panel Discussion – workshops on cosplaying, propsmaking, photography and more. It aims to empower the attendees with skills on how to improve their craft.
- Workshop: How to Boost Winning Chances in Cosplay Competitions
- Workshops: Basic Cosplay Crafting
- Panel Discussion: Cosplaying in the Philippines
1.Game Booths – play games in our various booths where we will offer interactive fun.
2. Otaku Extreme Challenge – each attendee will be invited to compete challenges made by our selected sponsors for the chance to win exciting items.
3. Otaku Bazaar – booths and sponsors exhibiting games, fashion and more. They will be allowed to promote and sell during the event.
- Shinobi War
4. Heroes Alley 2 – 2 charity organizations will be invited to promote their advocacy.
Invite your friends now and join the fun in Pinoy Otaku Festival 2017: Danketsu for FREE!