A feast of flavors at the Shangri-La International Festival of Grastronomy
After a successful first showing, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is back with what might be the biggest food festival the world has ever seen: the Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy, happening from October 25 – 31, 2016.
A GASTRONOMICAL JOURNEY YOU’D WANT TO BE A PART OF. Shangri-La’s International Festival of Gastronomy takes place on October 25-31 in 10 different cities across the globe. (Image grabbed from shangrilalovesfood.com)
This year’s International Festival of Gastronomy features 12 chefs visiting 11 Shangri-La hotels in 10 cities who will showcase their talents and techniques to give guests an elevated dining experience through their artistry and experience.
These 12 chefs – with 20 Michelin stars and three of the world’s best 50 restaurants between them – will be in Shangri-La hotels in the following cities: Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Manila, Paris, Taipei, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Singapore.
The 12 chefs are as follows:
● Frédéric Anton from the three-Michelin star Le Pré Catelan will appear at Restaurant Petrus in Hong Kong’s Island Shangri-La
● Stefano Baiocco from the two-Michelin star Villa Feltrinelli will grace the kitchens of Angelini at Kowloon Shangri-La in Hong Kong
● Enrico Bartolini, a returning chef from two-Michelin star Devero Restaurant will be at Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta’s Rosso
● Mauro Colagreco, also a returnee and from the two-Michelin star Mirazur restaurant, number 6 in the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, will make his presence known at AZUR in Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
● Ip Chi Cheung, head chef at the two-Michelin star Summer Palace at Island Shangri-La, will fly to Shanghai and be at the helm of the Summer Palace at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai
● Samuel Lee Sum will bring out a special menu at the only Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant in France, the Shang Palace at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris
● Virgilio Martinez of Central restaurant in Lima, Peru will give diners at BLU in Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore a taste of what made his restaurant the fourth best in the world and the best restaurant in Latin America
● Mok Kit Keung of Shang Palace at Kowloon Shangri-La in Hong Kong, a two-Michelin star restaurant for 8 years, will give diners even more reasons to keep dining at his restaurant
● Tokyo will get a taste of Chef Christopher Moret’s (from the two-Michelin star L’Abeille restaurant in Paris, France) creations once he arrives at Shangri-La Tokyo’s Piarcere
● London will find out why they call Giancarlo Per
bellini a world-class artisan and a legend when he lands at the kitchens of TING Restaurant at Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard
● Gaetano Trovato, chef and owner of two-Michelin star Arnolfo Restaurant in Tuscany, will welcome everyone at the Marco Polo Restaurant, Shangri-La Far Eastern Plaza Hotel in Taipei
● Manila will know why Mitsuharu Tsumura’s unique blend of Peruvian and Japanese cuisine made Maido the 13th Best restaurant in the world when he graces the kitchen of Samba at Shangri-La At The Fort, Manila.
Their special menus will be available from October 25 – 29. Manila and Beijing would have to wait until October 29 and October 27 respectively to get their taste of Tsumura’s and Colagreco’s special menus.
The Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy is co-sponsored by Evian and Badoit, and will happen from October 25 – 31, 2016 at different Shangri-La hotels in Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Manila, Paris, Taipei, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Singapore. Log on to shangrilalovesfood.com for the latest updates.
The Shangri-La International Festival of Gastronomy
October 25 – 31, 2016
Shangri-La Hotels in Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Manila, Paris, Taipei, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Singapore