Join The Seafarer Family International Congress This August 2019
The Seafarer Family International Congress aims to open the issues relevant to seafarers and their families.
The congress will be held on August 14 & 15, 2019, at the Fiesta Pavilion, The Manila Hotel, Manila, following the theme, “All Aboard: Seafaring Families Engaging the World for Sustainable Well-Being.” The congress is set to feature seafarers, and government and maritime industry leaders who will spearhead discussions and collaborate on best practices.
Across the seas, seafarer families bring with them stories, insights, and values on how they succeeded in keeping…
On the first day of plenary sessions, August 14, Lu Aung, an executive member of the Independent Federation of Myanmar Seafarers will open with a talk on “Family Programs and Best Practices.” The following talks and discussions will also be held on the first day:
- “Mental Health Awareness: Kumusta Kabaro?” by Paula Manalo, life coach and mental health advocate
- “Happy Family, Happy Seafarer #SustainableWellbeing #HappyCrew” by Ben Bailey, director of advocacy and regional engagement for The Mission to Seafarers
On the second day of the congress, the Adult sessions will begin with a talk on “Learning to Say No: Setting Boundaries in Family Life” by the President of the Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association, Atty. Imelda Barcelona. The following talks will also be held on the second day:
- “Riding the Storm: Shifting Family Relations” by Maria Cynthia Javier-Gavino of Ateneo de Manila University
- “Sandwich Generation: “Parenting” your Parents and Kids” by Rebecca Mendez, a spiritual counselor
- “Truth and Myths of Seafarer Families: What you didn’t know then which you should know by now” by Iris Baguilat, President of Döhle Seafront Crewing (Manila), Inc.,
- “Family Stories: Sharing for Healing” by Dr. Sena Oksuz of the Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University
- “Be the Captain of Your Life: Choosing your Admiral” by Jess and Mercy Ferrer of Couples for Christ Global Mission Foundation, Inc.
How is life at sea? Let us find out at the Seafarer Family International Congress happening on August 14 & 15 at The Manila Hotel! We are bringing families, seafarers and leaders together for a hearty discussion and colorful celebration of seafarer families for their prosperous and sustainable well-being.We’re about to board so don’t forget to register here: http://bit.ly/SeafarerCongress#homeseahome #seafamilyseaunity #seafarerfamilyph #seafamcongress #seafambam
Seafarer Family International Congressさんの投稿 2019年7月22日月曜日
Talks for the youth will also take place on the second day of the congress. The sessions for the youth are as follows:
- “Sino ako? Tanggap ko ba?: Belonging to a Seafarer Family” by Jayeel Cornelio, program director of Ateneo de Manila University’s Development Studies Program
- “Career at Sea: Passion or Pressure” by Capt. Maria Kristina Javellana, master mariner of the Pacific Ocean Manning, Inc. V.SHIPS
- “#Lit: Happiness @ Sea and on Shore” by Gregg Yan, award-winning environmentalist and artist
- “Painless Payback: #HealthyYOLO” by Jebsen Gamido, executive director of Positibong Marino Philippines Inc. and Divine Masinsin, the founder of Dynamic Duo, Inc.
- “Facing Your Demons: Sink or Swim” by Miko Legaspi, seafarer and certified life coach for the Life Coach Training Institute
The youth sessions will wrap up with a talk by Carlo “Sandro” Gonzalez of the Marino Partylist with the talk “The Modern Seafarer: Millennial Now, Millionaire Later” and a talk on “The Digital World: Flip or Swipe” by the PTC-CSJ Foundation executive director.
Helping seafarers and their families through our breakout seminars that include topics about enduring family relations,…
Join the discussion and listen in on the crucial family issues to be discussed at The Seafarer Family International Congress 2019. The event will be held at the Fiesta Pavilion, The Manila Hotel, Manila on August 14 & 15, 2019. Registration can be done here.
What: The Seafarer Family International Congress 2019
Where: Fiesta Pavilion, The Manila Hotel, Rizal Park, Ermita, Manila
When: August 14 & 15, 2019
Ticket Information: Registration for one (1) delegate is Php 5,000. Interested participants may register here.
This is a press release. Edits were made prior to publishing.
Featured image grabbed from the official Facebook page of the Seafarer Family International Congress.