If underrated cities, culture-focused travels, and hearty regional cuisines are right up your alley, this particular destination in Japan is worth the detour. Aomori Prefecture, a region in the northernmost part of Japan, will entrance you with its beauty from when the sun rises until it sets. In this prefecture, we journeyed and discovered a flourishing hotbed of cultural diversity teeming with a rich serving of must-see spots.
Philippine Primer is joined by Filipino TV personality Robi Domingo in exploring the historic Aomori Prefecture of Northern Japan, a mighty sight to behold with its historic sites, scenic sakura views, and cities brimming with meaningful discoveries.
How to go to Aomori
- Fly from Manila to Haneda Airport
- Take the monorail or JR train from Haneda Airport to JR Tokyo Station
- Take the Hayabusa shinkansen (bullet train) from JR Tokyo Station to Shin-Aomori Station
Best time to go to Aomori
- Cherry Blossoms Season: Late April to Early May
- Apple-Picking Season: August to Mid November
- Aomori Nebuta Festival: Early August