Free admission at the MET for International Museum Day
International Museum Day, held every May 18, is the day when museums all over the world are celebrated for their role as a “means for cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures, and development of mutual understanding, cooperation, and peace among peoples.” (Taken from International Council of Museums website)
In light of this, the Metropolitan Museum of Manila (MET) will open its doors to the public for FREE on May 18, all in the spirit of International #MuseumDay!
FREE ADMISSION AT MET! Here’s your chance to see their renowned exhibits absolutely FREE!
Not sure which exhibits to take in? Here’s your #METChecklist for International Museum Day:
• Learn about the contributions of Spanish design in the world of food in the TAPAS: Spanish Design for Food exhibition
• Take a selfie at Food Photocall by Spanish artist Antoni Miralda at the TAPAS exhibition
• See Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ vast collection of Filipino still life paintings in Bodegones: Kitchen Pictures
• View the collection of traditional musical instruments of National Artists for Music Lucrecia R. Kasilag and Ramon P. Santos in Salin-Saliw: Traditional Instruments and the Modern Music
• Watch Litsonero (2009), a full-length movie by award-winning director Lore Reyes at our CineMET
• Checkout David Medalla’s kinetic sculpture Cloud Canyon Bubble Machine, the latest addition to The Philippine Contemporary: To Scale the Past and the Possible
In line with the TAPAS exhibition, cineMET will also be screening the following films that will surely satisfy both your film and food appetite:
FOOD IN FILMS. Something every foodie longs for.
Admission to these films is at P150 (P120 for students).
For more information on MET’s International #MuseumDay or cineMET, you can call 02-708-7828 or send an email to email@example.com.
What: International Museum Day at MET
When: May 18, 2016
Where: Metropolitan Museum of Manila, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Complex , Roxas Blvd., Malate, Manila
Contact information: Phone 02-708-7828 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org