Passport Rule For Foreign Nationals Made Easier
Photo from gmanetwork.com
The release of Department Circular No. 032, released by DOJ (Department of Justice), has made travelling to the Philippines much easier for foreign nationals.
1. Travel documents are either of the following:
• Passport (less than 6-months validity will be accepted)
• Official document of identity by a State or organization, which may be used for international travel.
2. Foreign nationals can stay in the Philippines without a Visa not exceeding thirty (30) days, given that they have valid passports or official travel documents, and provided that:
• The foreign embassy or consulate located in the Philippines are authorized to renew OR extend the validity of passport of the respective foreign national.
• There exists no other grounds to deny entry into the Philippines under existing laws, rules, and regulations.
In a nutshell, foreign nationals can now ENTER the Philippines even if their passport is less than 6 months valid from the date of arrival.
The purpose of the new circular was to reduce the instances of exclusion of foreign nationals based solely on the deficiency in their passport validity, and also a way to contribute to Philippine tourism.
Article by RJ Firmeza